In consideration for my registration in the 2021 MatSu Relay (hereinafter MSR"), I understand and agree to the following:
1. As correspondence is exclusively via email, the captain must provide an accurate email address.
2. Payment is due with registration and is made via PayPal, or by check. If you elect to pay by check, you will be sent an invoice by e-mail with a due date. Your registration will not be official until your check is received and will be cancelled if payment is not received by due date.
3. The minimum age for participants is fourteen (14) years of age. The parent or legal guardian of any participant not yet eighteen (18) must sign the waiver of liability along with the participant. Any potential participant under age 14 MUST have approval from the Race Director.
4. VOLUNTEERS: I understand that my team is responsible for picking one of the two volunteer options:
- Option #1- Supply volunteers: Each team will supply two (2) volunteers. The minimum age for a volunteer is 18 years old, or 14 with accompanying adult volunteer. Volunteers will have the opportunity to choose their preferred assignment, but will not have guarantees of receiving it. Assignments can be anywhere along the route and at any time during the relay. I understand that if my volunteers do not show up on time, my team may receive a time penalty. If our team does not supply the required volunteer(s), I understand we will not be permitted to start. If any of our volunteer(s) do not show up at their selected assignment, I understand our team will be disqualified and/or face a cash penalty, and our team agrees we will not continue.
- Option #2- "HIRE A VOLUNTEER" - 100% of funds go directly to a local non-profit organization who will supply volunteers as a fund-raising opportunity for their organization. Support our local communities and the non-profit organizations that participate in the race and take the stress out of finding volunteers.